The Nia White Belt Training is for everybody. For the beginning to seasoned mover, for the person looking to begin their teaching path to the person looking to deepen their connection to their body, movement and life. The White Belt Training takes you on a journey of self-discovery through the art of sensation. Beginning with the Joy of Movement, you will learn the foundation of Nia – 13 principles that will lead you to greater health, wellness and fitness for life. The gift of the White Belt is receiving the tools to take the magic of your Nia experience off the dance floor and into your life – “dancing through life.”
Laurie leads White Belt online training coursss and in person intensives at studios around the world.
Focus: Art of Sensation | Intent: To embody the foundation of Nia
- Experience greater pleasure in your body and life.
- Use conscious movement for health and well-being.
- Live life with greater joy, deep love and respect of your body.
2023 Online Training Dates:
Sundays beginning February 19, 2023 (Co-training w/UK trainer Dorit Noble)
Registration + Information
Nia 5 STAGES Training
Movement Medicine for Body, Mind + Soul
Nia 5 Stages Training provides every body with tools to embody this healing, mindful practice . It provides the experiential foundation for sharing the Nia Stages. Whether you are a Nia teacher, student, movement practitioner, somatic educator or health professional, Nia 5 Stages Training add a new skill set to add to your realm of expertise. For Nia teacher members, this training includes a post-trainng onine SHARE program that guides you to shraing 52 ready to deliver lessons plans (in development). Anyone can take the training for personal experience and growth. To teach 5 Stages professionally (classes, workshops), White belt and a teaching mebersship are required. Anyone can take the trainig for personal embodiment and growth.
Training Topics: Exploring the Science, Craft, and Art of Nia 5 Stages; Adaptating and Personalizing ;the Nia 5 Stages Delivery; The Philosophy and Art of Self-healing;; Somatic Anatomy: The Body's Way + Your Body's Way;
ONLINE TRAINING DATES
Trainings will run over the course of 7 live interactive weekly sessions (using ZOOM). Sessons will be recorded for replay should you have a calendar conflict and includes access to online resources to support your home embodiment and practice. This also includes 7 additional 5 STAGES classes.
Thursday, October 5 - November 16, 2023 | CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION + REGISTRATION DETAILS
Nia GREEN Belt Training
Nia Green Belt Training ~ The Art of Teaching
Share the Joy of Teaching Nia with dynamice ease, relaxed confidence and skill.
The Nia Green Belt is the path to the Nia practiec and the art of teaching the magic of Nia with ease, confidence and somatic skill. This training is designed for every teacher from the novice Nia White Belt graduate to the experienced Nia Black Belt teacher.
Teaching Nia is a path of The Body’s Way, self-healing, conditioning and self-discovery. It is a path fueled by the philosophy and belief that through movement we find health. Motivation and inspiration to teach Nia comes from a desire and a passion to share Nia with the world.
This training will teach you to:
- Craft a Magical Nia Class experience for yourself, and your students.
- Embody Nia Routines - by eliminating effort and creating ease.
- Expand your understanding of Music ~ Sound Resonance.
- Build choreography by Scaffolding from your base.
- Cue with relaxed confidence and ease
- Deepen your relationship to the 7 Cycle Format, including Focus and Intent.
- Expand your authentic teaching self
As your Nia Green Belt Trainer, I am are here to:
- Hold the space for learning, growth and development
- Offer individual and group coaching.
- Empower your 52 Moves Craft.
- Share tools to enhance teaching skills.
- Guide you through exercises for teaching mastery.
- Address your learning style
MOVE it/52 Moves Trainings + Workshop Events
- The MOVE IT Experience and Practice
- Learn, move + energize method of embodying technique
- SCAFFOLDING base, core + upper extremities
- One minute interval timers designed for practice
Up-Coming Special Events
In-depth experiences tailored to all levers of movers, Nia® belt graduates and teachers. Experiences draw upon inspiring topics centered around the Nia practice.
Topics include Nia FUNdamentals, The Basics of Nia's 52 Moves, Nia Routine Playshops + Immersions, Belt Reviews, Adapting Nia Routines to New Music, Simplify + Personalize Routine Learning, The Yin + Yang of Nia, Somatic Voice, Cueing with Mastery, FAMSS: 5 Phenomenal Sensations of Nia Fitness, Form + Freedom: Crafting on the Fly.
Contact Laurie for one-on-one Mentoring or Coaching sessions
Up-Coming Special Events
Nia® SPIRAL + FLOW Workshop Experience
[1:00Pm-2:30pm Mountain/ 2-3:30pm Central/ 3-4:30 Eastern/8-9:30UK]